Precast concrete light pole bases are a fast and efficient option compared to pour in place concrete. The pole bases arrive at the job site ready to install. Westcon Precast pole bases eliminate the waiting and the process required when pouring concrete in place. The light pole bases are available in many spec sizes.
Street lighting and signage are important for safety. Westcon’s precast concrete bases have versatile applications to fit your requirements.
Applications of Precast Concrete Light Pole Bases
Westcon Precast designs and manufactures standard and custom-engineered precast concrete bases for light poles, signs, traffic signals, high-mast light towers, sports lighting, menu boards, and solar panel footers. We strive to provide custom solutions to support all of our customers’ outdoor illumination needs. Westcon Precast pole bases eliminate the waiting and the process required when pouring concrete in place. The light pole bases are available in many spec sizes.
Advantages of Precast Concrete Light Pole Bases
The advantages of using precast concrete light pole bases are:
- No on-site forming or curing.
- Consistent light pole base quality.
- Fast and efficient installation.
- Pole bases arrive at the job site ready to install.
Westcon’s precast concrete light pole bases come in the following size and specifications:
- L.P. 11m (36′) Single Davit
- Precast Base up to 15M Double Davit
- Type B Round
- Type C Round
- 406×406 LP
- 407×380 LP
- 610X610 LP
In order to ensure a smooth installation of a light pole base, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Determine and mark the placement locations for the bases and the finishing elevation of the top base.
- Auger a hole at least 300 mm (12″) deep and ensure it is level.
- Place and level gravel fro a stone foundation.
- Use a crane to install the pole base.
- Backfill the hole with the installed pole base.
- Finish around the base by placing topsoil or paving with concrete.
- The pole and lighting can be mounted to the base.