Westcon offers a wide range of precast concrete headwalls & outlet structures with multiple pipe structures and large pipe diameters designed to control the flow of water at road crossings and discharge points of typical stormwater systems. Not only does Westcon’s concrete headwalls & outlet structures have the strength and durability of precast concrete, but they are also available with fast installation and attractive designs.
Applications of Precast Concrete Headwalls & Outlet Structures
Water can be turbulent and erosive. Headwalls are built to protect and secure the ends of water management pipelines or to safely direct the flow of extreme levels of stormwater to the appropriate areas and prevent road damage. They can also increase safety by providing support for road shoulders and banks to prevent the erosion of the soil.
Advantages of Precast Concrete Headwalls & Outlet Structures
The advantages of using precast concrete headwalls and outlet structures are that they are:
- Available in standard designs accepted by all municipalities and cities.
- Made in a CSA-certified facility with strict controls during casting.
- Cost-effective in terms of budget and labour.
- Strong and durable and can guard against crushed pipelines.
- Able to manage stormwater and runoff.
To install headwalls or outlet structures, keep the following in mind:
- Precast concrete headwalls or outlet structures are manufactured by Westcon in advance.
- The installation needs to be excavated, leveled, and backfilled.
- At the time of installation, a crane and a small work crew is required.
- A hold to accommodate the pipe has to be made.
- A crane will place the headwall or outlet structure in place.