Transformer pads manufactured by Westcon Precast come ready to install, reduce labour costs and job site interruptions. Our production methods in the state of the art CSA certified plant are produced in a controlled environment. A strict inspection process ensures a quality prefab concrete pad through each step.
Westcon is excited to offer installation of precast transformer pads saving you time and money. Our trained Journeyman crane operators will place the transformer pads into your prepared excavation.
Applications of Precast Concrete Transformer Pads
Transformer pads are necessary for most transformer site applications because electrical transformers need to be installed on a flat, level base to facilitate support as well as proper drainage during rain and snow melt. Westcon produces perfectly engineered precast concrete pads for this purpose. We have years of experience working in partnership with the electrical utilities industry and with municipalities to replace and install these items for electrical projects all over the province.
Advantages of Precast Concrete Transformer Pads
The advantages of precast transformer pads are that they:
- Don’t have to be poured on-site.
- Our production methods in the state of the art Canadian Standards Association (CSA) certified plant are produced in a controlled environment.
- A strict inspection process ensures a quality prefab concrete pad through each step.
- We can offer installation of precast transformer pads saving you time and money.
- Our trained Journeyman crane operators will place the transformer pads into your prepared excavation area.
Types of Precast Concrete Transformer Pads
Depending on the type of transformer and the project you are undertaking, you might have different specifications and requirement. Here are the type s of precast concrete transformer pads that Westcon manufactures regularly.
- 25-167 Shallow
- Sm Control Base
- Control Base
- 4 Way Single Phase 200 amp 15kV SCB
- Guard Post
We can also design and manufacture transformer pads with non-standard conduit terminator openings, special holes or other specifications can be upon request.
Installation of Precast Concrete Transformer Pads
Installing a transformer pad requires the following process:
- Determine the area in which the transformer pad will be installed.
- Excavate the area large enough to fit pad being installed. Ensure the excavation is deep enough so that the top of the pad will be slightly above grade of the surrounding area.
- Level and compact the excavated area with soil, gravel, or screw piles.
- Place the transformer pad on the base. Ensure any cables/conduits are positioned in the correct cable entrance holes.
- Back fill and compact the area around the transformer pad to achieve the proper grade.
- Place the transformer equipment on the pad and bolt it down.
Contact us if you have any inquiries about our transformer pads or to request a quote . We can discuss your project requirements and details and make sure you get the right product, delivered directly to your work site.