Westcon Precast manufactures precast concrete utility pull boxes which are also known as “hand holes”. Our pull boxes are better alternatives to concrete service boxes and are used to splice and store electrical power cables or telecommunication lines. Our load rated boxes are suitable for use in traffic or roadways. Each Westcon pull box is designed and manufactured in accordance with Alberta Code requirements in our CSA certified manufacturing plants.
Applications of Precast Concrete Pull Boxes
Pull boxes provide an enclosure for underground electrical and telecommunications equipment. Pull boxes are access points to pull and feed conductors, they do not have wiring inside. Our load-rated boxes are suitable for use in traffic or roadways and they can be manufactured in a variety of sizes. Each Westcon pull box is designed and manufactured in accordance with Alberta Code requirements in our Canadian Standards Association (CSA)-certified manufacturing plants.
Advantages of Precast Concrete Pull Boxes
The advantages of using precast concrete pull boxes are that they:
- Prevent damage to electrical or telecommunications infrastructure.
- Prevent tampering with infrastructure.
- Are made to last because of proper manufacturing and curing processes.
- Can withstand heavy loads and are suitable for use in traffic or roadways.
Westcon’s precast concrete pull boxes come in the following size and specifications:
To install a pull box properly, you must consider the following:
- Excavate the area where the pull box will be installed accounting for the amount of aggregate needed and also for the height of the pull box.
- The excavated area must be compacted and willed with approximately 6″ (15.24 cm) of aggregate should be placed in the bottom of the hole.
- The pull box will be installed by one of Westcon’s journeyman crane operators.
- The area needs to be backfilled to and tamped to complete the installation.
Get in Touch
Electrical and telecommunications infrastructure should be protected! Get in touch with Westcon if you have any questions about these products and we can prepare a quote for you.