Ensure that your propane tank is on solid ground with a Westcon precast concrete block designed and manufactured to the highest standards.
Applications of Precast Concrete Propane Blocks
If you are using propane as a heating and energy source for your business or home, or you sell propane to the public, you have to ensure the tank is on a strong, level base. This will prevent any incidents of accidental tipping of the tank which would cause safety issues for anyone nearby and hazards for you! We are able to assist with brand new installations or replacements of old concrete blocks.
Advantages of Precast Concrete Propane Blocks
The advantages of using precast concrete propane blocks are that it ensures the concrete pad will be
- Properly manufactured and cured.
- Level and able to withstand the weight of the propane tank, as well as harsh weather.
- Inspected and loaded by our trained concrete production staff.
- Delivered directly to your work site or poverty.
- Installed properly on the work site or property.
Westcon’s propane blocks come in the following size and specifications:
- Length: 762 mm
- Width: 305 mm
- Height: 205 mm
- Weight: 55 kg/122 lbs
Here are some helpful considerations which will help you prepare for the installation of a precast concrete propane block.
- If you are replacing an old concrete block and need new one installed on the same spot, you will need to ensure the block has been removed and the area has been cleared.
- If this is a new installation you will need to select the spot where the block will be installed. Ensure that you check all guidelines thoroughly.
- You will need to consider the placement of the appliance in your home as well as distance guidelines for safety reasons in determining the placement of the block and tank.
To install a propane block you will need to:
- Ensure that you excavate the area large enough to accommodate the block before our arrival.
- Compact the soil and fill the excavated areas with gravel to that the block will be level one it is installed.
- Have Journeyman crane operators to place the concrete block.
- Back fill the area to the appropriate grade.
- Install the tank on the block.
If you’re installing a propane tank or replacing a deteriorating concrete block, contact us to discuss your requirements or request a quote today.